Suwannee County Clerk’s Office Continues Processing Domestic Violence Injunctions amid COVID-19 Lockdown
The Suwannee County Clerk’s Office wants citizens to be aware that protective injunctions, including domestic violence injunctions, or restraining orders, are an essential service and remain available to the public. If you need distance from a domestic abuse situation, please do not hesitate to contact our office at 386.362.0500 to find out how we can best serve you.
Other protective injunctions and mental health services remain a priority, including protective injunctions for vulnerable adults and risk protection orders. Baker Act and Marchman Act cases are also continuing during this time to provide protections for individuals experiencing mental health and/or addiction issues.
As our office is offering limited services during the current public health crisis, you should contact us directly at 386.362.0500 to determine the best way to file for an injunction. As always, if you are in immediate danger, call 911.
Other important services remain available, and many, such as payments for court-ordered financial obligations, are available online. Contact our office to find out more about online services in our community at www.suwgov.org.
The Suwannee County Clerk’s Office is reminding residents feeling under the weather that many of our services are available online or by telephone.
- "By order of the State Supreme Court, there is a moratorium/limitation on non-essential court proceedings through May 29, 2020. Before attending any jury selections, trials, or court proceedings, please call 386.362.0500."
- Official Records may be viewed online at suwgov.org. To order official copies you may do so by clicking the Official Records button or by calling our office at 386.362.0500 and ordering by credit card.
- Child Support payments, court fines and fees, and traffic tickets may be paid by going to suwgov.org and clicking My Florida County, or they may be paid by phone with credit card. (Felony cases must be paid through Suwannee Probation and Parole).
- A copy of our budget and audit may be viewed on our website.
- County Commission meeting videos may be viewed on our Youtube channel “Suwannee Media”.
- Records requests can also be made and paid for by phone.
- Please note that unless you are otherwise notified or excused by the Courts, you are still required to attend any mandatory court appearances.